Saturday, March 7, 2020

In the news, Tuesday, February 25, 2020


________

FEB 24      INDEX      FEB 26
________


________

from The College Fix
Media/News Company in Washington, D.C.

Dr. Carol Swain: I reached my formative years before critical race theory and cultural Marxism gained a dominant foothold. Even though I was born and grew up in rural southern poverty during the era of segregation, I was not taught to hate white people or to hate America. Instead, my black teachers stressed our need to work hard and excel. I grew up to be a proud American who never doubted she lived in the greatest country in the world. No one around me encouraged me to see myself as a victim. I never fixated on the fact that I was black, poor, and female. Had I done so, I doubt I would have achieved anything. The 1619 Project is a misguided effort to keep open historical wounds while telling only half of the story. It is flawed because it is connected to critical race theory and the diversity-inclusion grievance industry that focuses on identity politics and division. Blaming today’s families for the mistakes of our ancestors is not a prescription for unifying the country or empowering racial and ethnic minorities.

________

from FEE (Foundation for Economic Education)
RIGHT-CENTER BIAS, HIGH, non-profit organization

Cuba has made less educational and health care progress than most Latin American countries over the last 60 years, data show.

________

from The Guardian (UK)

'Anti-Greta' teen activist to speak at biggest US conservatives conference
A German teenager dubbed the “anti-Greta” – climate sceptics’ answer to the schoolgirl activist Greta Thunberg – is set to address the biggest annual gathering of US grassroots conservatives. Naomi Seibt, 19, who styles herself as a “climate sceptic” or “climate realist”, will this week address the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) near Washington, joining speakers including Donald Trump and Vice-President Mike Pence. Seibt is in the pay of the Heartland Institute, a thinktank closely allied with the White House that denies established science showing humans are heating the planet with dangerous consequences.

________

from Hoover Institution
Nonprofit Organization in Stanford, California

Quarantines, Soldiers, And Cities
At the end of a lecture on future threats to the Missouri National Guard a few years ago, I was asked what unexpected event might challenge their capabilities. I replied that a mission impossible would result from an explosively lethal pandemic that triggered quarantines on major cities—their enforcement efforts would fail, due to the physical structures of today’s urban areas. - Ralph Peters

________

from National Review  RIGHT BIAS

‘Gray Matter’–Deficient Americans
The billionaires and bureaucrats depend on the skilled workers they mock — and that makes them more than a little uneasy.

________

from The Spokesman-Review
Newspaper in Spokane, Washington

________


No comments:

Post a Comment