Monday, October 29, 2012

Charles Fleury Taschereau papers, part 1



____________

____________



t-1:  I was not able to make a single scan of this item due to its size, and not able to splice the two scans perfectly due to crumpling.  I hope in the future to replace this with a scan from a larger scanner.

December 29, 1888 Deed in Pembina County, Dakota Territory


t-2:  Some of the following letters are written, which I am not able to decipher.  If someone can provide a translation, sent to rfsamt@gmail.com, it would be greatly appreciated.

Letter written in French.

t-3:  The following concerning my great grandfather appears to be dated 1974.





t-4:  This to my grandfather in Spokane is dated 8 January 1899:








t-5:  A letter to my grandfather in Pembina, Dakota Territory, in 1880.








t-6:  I don't know for sure why the following undated item found its way into the packet of papers, but is is interesting. Two of my uncles served with the Marines in Nicaragua in 1932: this may be from then.



t-7:  Letter of introduction for my grandfather, dated in 1879:



t-8:  Insurance policy renewal dated 17 August 1877:



t-9:  My grandfather's first wife, who died in 1894, was the daughter of William and Catherine Pettet. William died while on a trip to London.  It would be interesting to know more about the following item from 1907.



t-10:  Two B. C. "Mineral Act, 1891" records of claim:





































t-11:   Letter to my grandfather, dated 1901








t-12 (renumbered):  This quitclaim deed to my grandfather, Charles Fleury Taschereau, concerning property in Pembina county, Dakota Territory, was signed by mark by my great grandmother, Maria Jane (Beamish) (Ross) Taschereau.  It was later filed in Spokane, Washington, with the signiture of my grand aunt, Catherine M. (Ross) Poston.















No comments:

Post a Comment