Thursday, October 25, 2012

1950's family photos, part 1


____________

____________


Joe Hodgens' flock crossing the top of Grand Coulee Dam, c. 1955.


A flock belonging to Joe Hodgens of Adrian as it marched through Ephrata's back streets in December, 1955.


The Colorama Festival of  Lights began in 1958.


March 14, 1954, looking north, Steamboat Rock in distance, center right.

Henry Taschereau and me, May 30, 1952 at house in Seaton's Grove.

‎7-17-1954: The elevator at 7th & Walnut under construction.

At Larson Air Force Base c. 1959(?).


1950's Moses Lake, posted by Dan Bolyard 10-25-2012


Me, age 3, on pony, with Sally Dorlarque (babysitter).  West side of store at right.  I would give my two front teeth (if I still had them) to have that 49 Ford.

Coulee City Woman's Club, 6-1-1952, next to the Railroad Depot.  At the far right, mostly behind a tree and another building (used in the late '50s by Leonard Vaughn for his carpentry shop) is the top back corner of the Grand Hotel.
This picture came to be included with other pictures from about '87.  I believe it may have been used on one of the community calendars around that time, as my mother was in charge of that for a number of years.


two school pictures of me (Cousin Sam), but I'm not sure what years.
















Pat Seaton,  probably early 1940s


Sam Seaton next to the grave of Chief Joseph, probably mid 1960s.


Coulee Dam Service, winter of 1952-'52.


My Grandmother, Isobel (Atkinson) Taschereau
probably in the 1940s.


My Aunt, Maud Taschereau
New Years Day 1945.


No comments:

Post a Comment