Thursday, May 17, 2012

FB BACKUP MAY 16-31, 2012

____________

Ruby Webb Joplin and  John Michael Joplin
with John Willis Joplin on his first birthday
posted by Carol Joplin Clapshaw, May 16, 10:59am

____________

*note: some comments edited -- C.S.

Betty TreacyA lot of you will know Mrs. Larson, who taught 4th grade from 1970-1980 (?) and then switched to 2nd grade when I started teaching here. You know what a sweet person she is. I know she won't see this but this kind, wonderful lady, went 4 hours out of her way to take drive to Seattle and back for appts. at UWMC. I hope she knows how much I value her as my mentor and friend. She dedicated many years to teaching many of you. So happy many of you were lucky enough to have her as a teacher. Thank you, dear friend for all you've done for me and others.  May 16, 9:33am

Shannon Bolyard Ashworth:  She was an awsome teacher and a really sweet person.  May 16, 9:35am

Naomi Padilla Walker: My sister had Mrs Larsen, she lived across the street from us. Wonderful lady.  May 16, 9:35am

Betty Treacy:  Naomi- your family lived in the big 2 story house, right? Was it you and your siblings that roller skated in the basement?  May 16, 9:37am

Naomi Padilla Walker:  Yes, that was us Betty. Loved playing in the basement.  May 16, 9:39am

Kim Wile Jorgensen:  Coulee City has a habit of attracting great teachers whose dedication to their profession touch the lives of many students. You and Lori Larson are in the same category!  May 16, 9:52am

Susan Bussing:  She was the first teacher I had when my grandparents and I moved to Coulee City.  May 16, 10:05am

Betty Treacy:  Susie, I had forgotten she was your 1st CC teacher.  Kim- thank you- I LOVED the years I taught and would still be in that classroom if I could. Would have really loved teaching Conor and Fiona!   LOVED teaching Ian. He was great fun and wonderful student.  May 16, 10:38am

Joe Zigan:  I had her as my second grade teacher in the early 80's, then we moved away and did not come back till I was in 7th grade and I remember getting B-day cards from her every year I was in Coulee until I graduated in 1994....Awesome awesome awesome lady!  May 16, 11:08am

Colin Cunningham:   I can not add to much to the list here about Mrs.Larson other then amazing teacher and person. Betty Treacy is in that category also. I thank you both because Im sure I was not the model student. Actually pretty positive.  May 16, 4:01pm

Dan Bolyard:  I never had Mrs. Larson as a teacher. After my second grade year, she moved from teaching fourth grade to second grade. Somebody else, I forget who, starting teaching fourth grade during my third grade year with Mr. O'Connor.  BTW, I LOVED my second grade teacher, Katie Evans.  May 16, 4;50pm

Wil Holtus:  Mrs. Larson was a fantastic teacher. She actually had my family over for dinner. The dinner she made that night had and has become a regularly cooked meal for us. Miss her greatly. I also had this 4th grade teacher that used to let us stick her fingers. She was a nut. But I love her.  May 16, 6:15pm

Naomi Padilla Walker:  We moved to Coulee in '83 and she was still teaching 2nd grade then.  May 16, 6:21pm

Betty Treacy:  Colin, you were, and I am sure,are still a sweetie- and always so positive! And thank you!  Dan, if I remember the 4th grade teacher's name, I'll let you know. But, I'll bet if you were in her 1st class in CC, instead of her 2nd class, she might have quit after the 1st year! (hee hee, just kidding, kiddo!).  Will, you had a teacher that let you stick her fingers? Hope she never went after you all w/ the lancets! Yes, I believe she was possibly nuts but she definitely loves you back!  May 16: 9:39pm

Colin Cunningham:  One thing I have got to add is that in Mrs. Larson's class in the 2 nd grade if you got into trouble or could not sit still she had a seat belt that she would fasten around you in the chair.  May 17: 3:40pm

Suzy Wilson Orth:  Ohhhhh....MRS. LARSON: How excited I was to get to have her for 4th grade - because we got to go bowling and roller skating in her class! Of course, we also got tied to our seats or mouths taped shut if we got up or talked. Still; she will always be in my top 2. Her and Gordon Peterson.  May 21, 9:15pm

____________


Loren Bogart place
posted by Conor Jorgensen, May 22, 9:29pm

____________


Colleen Long:  ... you remember the yellow wild roses that often bloom in Coulee City for the rodeo weekend.  May 21, 9:11pm

Carol Joplin ClapshawColleen I wonder if these might be the same rises that were growing at the Willis Ranch above Coulee. I saw them in bud at the time of the rodeo and wanted so much to get a start.  May 21, 9:43pm

Marsha NeihartColleen: I was hoping that Ron Schultz ( I used to call him "Runt") would show up Rodeo Weeked. Too bad. Saw that Jane Kirkpatrick, author of "The Daughter's Walk", will be speaking in Leavenworth on June 1. I just have to go and talk to her about her book. Want to go? I'm trying to talk my sister into meeting me there and possibly staying overnight since it would be a long drive home, but if she won't meet me, are you interested in going with me? It's not as personal to you, but I am so excited to find out how she knows about Coulee City. I know she spoke at Auntie's Bookstore in Spokane several months ago, and now I'm curious if she is from around our "area".  May 21, 11:22pm

Carol Joplin ClapshawWhat is The Daughter's Walk About?  May 21, 11:25pm

Ronda Meier Knopp:   The spring after we moved here, I discovered the very same type of rose bush blooming in the yard next to us. It was just another sign we made a good choice! [I'd been looking for such a bush for several years & now I can just enjoy my neighbors!  May 22, 4:53am

Colleen LongCarol - I imagine that would be the same roses. They are really typical in the area. Wow, Ronda. What a blessing! I'd love to have a yellow rose bush next door to me too. I've always said I was going to get one from my brother, Jerry's place, but I've not done it. He lives where I grew up.  Marsha - I still haven't read Jane Kirkpatrick's book about a woman walking from Spokane to the east coast in support of women's rights in the late 1800's. I know she included some about Coulee City and the pharmacist . I'll get with you about going June 1st.  May 22, 8:16am

Carol Joplin ClapshawI read the first book on this saga called Bold Spirit. It clearly describes life in Spokane. The women's adventure is so inspiring. I will try to get a copy of Kirkpatrik's book.  May 22, 9:53pm

____________

No comments:

Post a Comment