Friday, November 2, 2012

Charles Fleury Taschereau papers, part 2



____________

____________



t-13:  This note, written in French, appears to have been written in 1880.  I hope someone can provide a translation for this and other items in this collection.  If you can, send it to rfsamt@gmail.com.



t-14:  17 May, 1879.



t-15:  This appears to be to my great-grandfather in 1882:






t-16:  This letter of introduction shows that it must have been in 1879 that my great-grandfather and his family, including my grandfather Charles, left Quebec for the Pembina, Dakota, & St. Vincent, Minnesota, area.  I had been under the impression that this move had taken place as early as 1860.




t-17:





t-18:  Of special note on this next is that it was written by Mr. Henry Ross of Lorette.  See the Ross Family Record.





t-19:






t-20 (renumbered):  Only the first four pages of this letter have survived:











No comments:

Post a Comment