Monday, February 26, 2024

In the news, Tuesday, February 27, 2024


________

FEB 26      INDEX      FEB 28
________


LENTEN FERIA

________

from Inlander

My childhood bedroom was yellow, and I've always had a sentimental attachment to the color. My first week in Spokane, yellow bricks on Broadway Avenue caught my attention. I learned that the hundred-year-old building, painted like sunshine, is home to Vieux Carre NOLA Kitchen, an enchanted world of Spanish, French, Cajun and Creole cooking. Now, I've never been to New Orleans. I've never cracked a crayfish or stirred a pot of gumbo. But for just $35 and a quick walk to the edge of West Central, I was game for anything. There are no crawdads on the 10-day Restaurant Week menu, but there is Louisiana garlic soup. I love food that is deceptively simple and surprisingly delicious, which is exactly what this appetizer is. With just a few ingredients, it has probably changed my life forever. Why did no one tell me that I could caramelize garlic, puree it, and slurp it with a spoon?

________

from The Spokesman-Review
Newspaper in Spokane, Washington

________
















No comments:

Post a Comment